add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

So is this a potential bottleneck? (ITX 760 + 13 4330)

FieraTundra
  • 71 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/FieraTundra/saved/hsGnTW

So if the cpu is a bottleneck i really don't think its a big one because the i3 has a high clock speed and while it does only have 2 cores its hyper threaded. I want to use this for light video and photo editing and playing last gen games at MAX (Borderlands, Skyrim, Dark Souls EXT...)

Also the form factor is obviously a plus :P

Thanks in advance to anyone.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm not sure if your going to be able to run those at max... That gpu is a bit on the lower end... The cpu is fine though

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Well i have seen people running those games at max with a 750ti (albeit overclocked versions of it) That 760 should have enough power! I was mainly worrying about the CPU lol

• 71 months ago
  • 3 points

The 760 should run all your games just fine, I can play borderlands 2 on the highest settings over 60 FPS. The CPU might be a problem because it only has 2 cores and hyperthreading doesn't help with running games, I would say a quad core is just fine.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm.. i shall consider upgrading to a i5 4440

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, an i5 4440 would be better, also, hyper-threading just means that the extra cores are "simulated" instead of having a physical designation in the chip. Generally, less hyper threading means more stable performance, but it also means your cpu would eat up more power.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah i know that logical cores are not the same as physical ones. But i thought that they gave gaming a boost. Well still, when buying a gaming PC the CPU should be cheaper than the GPU.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Borderlands 2 is kinda a lightweight. Dark souls is the one I'm not sure about. I don't own it, but it seems like it's a bit heavier graphics than the others listed.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

It might be but I think a 760 would be fine, I think they are a lot better than people give them credit for, especially for the price.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly I'd get a 280. It performs better for about the same price (about 15 bucks cheaper) and you get more vram to boot

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

For the price you can get a 280x, which is on par with a 770 and has more vram. Both those cards I KNOW can run them all and most new games at max

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube