add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Nemo
  • 71 months ago

Hey guys, this is my first time building a computer so any help is greatly appreciated. Also I might not get the keyboard and mouse setup as I can easily obtain both for free (they just won't look as cool). How will it run games?

Thanks guys!

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/k29WGX

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

What type of games? It may struggle. I recommend a Radeon r9 270x or better. If you want Nvidia, try a GTX 770 or better. Though it may be pretty expensive, try a lower processor if possible. Or expand your budget.

It should be able to run many games VERY WELL. But when it runs GPU memory heavy games, it will struggle a lot. (For example, GTA IV won't be able to run on higher graphics very well at all, and I believe Skyrim will struggle too.)

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the feedback man! My budgets pretty low because I am currently unemployed, but I did some research for a GPU and found the MSI R7 260X. I was reading the reviews and people said they could run Skyrim on ultra with no lag.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Ohh are you planning to play Skyrim and games below? If so, that GPU is perfectly OK. You shouldn't have to many problems. The r7 260x is a good card to.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

It can handle Battlefield 4 on 1080p with ultra settings, but antialiasing off, so for my first build it's fine for me. I'm upgrading from a cheap laptop that can barely handle Garry's Mod so even if I'm getting good frames at low settings on some games, I'll be happy :D

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm. Yeah it should be able to run BF4, but maybe not perfectly on ultra settings using 1080p.

Oh yes, sometimes you will need low settings just so that you can play a game. Trust me, some games, though they are usually very unoptimized, need the best GPUs for High Settings. But it also depends on the resolution you are playing at, and the actual hardware in the computer.

Upgrading from a cheap laptop that can barely handle Gmod? Hahaha yeah. Luckily, my laptop that I am upgrading from can handle it, but when it comes to other games... you can barely play. Garry's Mod basically hits the top on my computer, anything that is laggy in Gmod starts lagging the game immediately. (Smoke, too many props/ragdolls/lamps, etc.) I blame Intel. They're stupid integrated Graphics suck. Atleast it's ok for watching videos.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube