add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

And Yet Another Gaming Build Opinion Wanted

kidcryptid
  • 71 months ago

So I haven't built a PC in years. To give you an idea, the last one used ribbon cables for my HDDs. I'm basically looking for a gaming build, but nothing incredibly intense like dual GPUs or anything like that. But I want to be able to play most of the high-end games right now (BF4, Titanfall, etc) and stream on Twitch without issue.

Here is my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GBkQcf

Requests/Questions:

1) Just look it over and let me know if all looks decent, please!

1.5) I know I will need more pieces like power supply, but I'm just getting the core setup planned out

2) What do you think about the video card? Seemed like an excellent value for that price point. I'm assuming because it doesn't support Crossfire? But I dunno what I'm talking about, so yeah.

3) You may notice the case is rather all business and no bling. This is intentional. However if you know any similar spec'd gold/yellow memory cards, I may look into getting the alternate model of that case with the side panel window. I think it would look cool to match the motherboard. Ideally I wanted a black/yellow setup, but the pieces I decided to go with just didn't come in those colors.

Edit: Added PSU and CPU cooler

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

The G|PU is good but doesnt support crossfire, only AMD cards do but you can run SLI. Everything looks good just make sure to get a good PSU especially for 2 graphics cards.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks ROMA_ITAL for looking that over for me! Yeah I am still choosing a PSU, but I will only be using one video card so I shouldn't need anything too powerful.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

not a problem, if you have any more questions please ask before its too late.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Any other input?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks OK so far.

Microcenter has a 760 HAWK (yellow) cheaper than Amazon but still pricey FIW. http://www.microcenter.com/product/420374/N760_HAWK_NVIDIA_GeForce_GTX_760_2048MB_GDDR5_PCIe_30_x16_Video_Card

Looking forward to seeing what else you choose to go with in your build.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Well shoot, I really liked that HAWK but saw it's available for in-store pick up only. Sadly they are nowhere near me. I tried finding it on other sites, but no luck. All the ones I find are red. I found that exact yellow one on eBay but it was over $400 :\

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay so I'm having a change of heart and thinking about this motherboard instead:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130771

It looks like it supports pretty much everything I need and is cheaper. The only real difference on this one is 2 less USB 3.0 ports and only 2 PCI Express x16 instead of 3. What do you guys think?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

What I would do:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $239.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $129.99 @ Newegg
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $139.99 @ Micro Center
Storage PNY XLR8 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $99.99 @ Newegg
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card $279.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case $99.98 @ OutletPC
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $964.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-27 22:29 EDT-0400

Though if I'm honest I'd probably get a cheaper case and less ram to bump the gpu up to a 290

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Another question for my build, guys. I just noticed that the "minimum" PSU recommended for the GFX card I chose says 500w. I have chosen a 550w. Do you think there will be any issues once the entire PC and all it's components are built?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea for some reason they quote the power supply with an entire system already, 550 is more then enough to run 1 card. Also save yourself some money by getting 8gb of ram, you will not need 16gb with gaming..put the money towards cooling your k cpu.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome! Thanks a lot buddy.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube