add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Feedback wanted please! High-end gaming rig

CragBH
  • 71 months ago

Good afternoon from Australia

I'm seeking feedback on for the following rig, use primarily for gaming.

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/CragBH/saved/yH4BD3

It is quite expensive, and I'm on the fence about SLI-ing ... is it worth it? Am I able to introduce the 2nd graphic card at a later date? Or am I better getting a single > 3GB card?

I'm also checking that all the parts here work well and are comparable with each other, no bottlenecking etc.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I would recommend cutting off SLI, if you are using more than one monitor like three monitors then I would recommend it but guessing maybe you will have a 1080p or 1440p monitor it would be alright to stick with one. Overall it's a great PC, and with that 900 dollars cut off you could get yourself a 1TB SSD haha.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for that! By sticking with one, is it much of an effort to add another one later one? Considering the amount I'm potentially spending, I'm hoping this will be future proof for a while ....

Any notes regarding the rest of the components? Are they all compatible / won't cause a bottleneck anywhere?

Again, thank you all for your time and consideration :)

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

You are future proofing for quite a while dude, maybe add another one down the road which won't be hard, pretty easy but keep your stuff so you don't have to worry about spending more money on a new power supply to deal with wattage or something when it happens. The best part is that doing that will give you some choices for upgrading in the future if you want to do anything. 3GB is more than enough, Battlfield at Max is 1896 MB the last time I saw, basically 2GB so you will be maxing out games for quite a while.

For the concern of bottle necks I think that CPU and GPU were MEANT to be together. Perfect components especially with that water cooler and all.

Of course, and good luck with your build! :)

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

That is one beast of a computer! I would also recommend sticking to one graphics card if you'll only be gaming on one monitor.

As long as you have a mobo that supports SLI and enough headroom on the PSU, you could choose to SLI down the road without any problems.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for all your feedback guys! Really appreciate it.

Hopefully have this ordered and received by end of August!

Thanks again :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube