add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

AMD Triple Monitor //pcpartpicker.com/user/battousai7788/saved/kgVG3C

battousai7788
  • 71 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/battousai7788/saved/kgVG3C

Working on a potential AMD Triple monitor build. This is what I built based on some things I've used/liked previously. I'd like to see what people think about this build and any optimizations I could be making with it. I'm pretty cheap, so if there are some places I could save some money, I'd definitely like to see other possibilities.

I've got 3x Dell E2014H's for my build, I've used them here at work, and could probably borrow one or two of them at no cost, but we also use the E2214's as well, so I'd like to make sure my build is capable of running 5760x1080 if I should go with bigger monitors. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

for triple monitors I would get at least 1 290x

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point
 Really?  It's a significant price jump, I was really hoping to kind of slim the build down.  Perhaps I could make some cuts and put it into a 290x.  
 I had read that the 280x should be good for 3x 1600x900 monitors, with only a slight hit at 3x 1920x1080 gaming, perhaps dialing down the settings to medium.  The biggest thing was the 3GB of onboard memory, which seems to be a tipping point for triple monitors.  Most of the PC gaming I currently play is relatively untaxing, with my current favorite being Neverwinter, which is by no means a graphics-hog.
 Any other feedback on the build?  I've used the Crosshair V before, and while it is a great board, with great aesthetics, it's a little expensive.  Any great alternatives, preferably with a similar color-scheme?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube