add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinion on this build?

OphielOM
  • 71 months ago

Dear PCPartPickers

First time I've been on this site, and I'm loving it!

I'm looking to build a new PC that I can use for gaming, streaming, browsing online etc.

I've spent a bit of time looking and came up with this build:

http://snag.gy/Yhet0.jpg Prices are all in NZD as I currently live in New Zealand.

Is there anything wrong with this build that I am not aware of? (Compatibility issues or if a part is not as good as others of the same price etc)

Is it good enough to run games like dota2, LoL, CS GO and the likes of that?

I was wondering where I could improve if I am given a budget of about $1700 NZD.

Also, is it possible (and smarter) to buy the parts overseas and then ship it to New Zealand? (I see that prices for most of the parts are alot cheaper overseas but I haven't taken into account shipping costs. New Zealanders/Kiwis help me out here please :D)

Overall, what do you guys think of it? Am I getting my moneys worth?

How does it compare to these 2 premade PCs? http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=p&p=WKSPB6105W&name=PB-6105W-Intel-Haswell-i5-4570-3.2GHz--8GB-DDR3--G and http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=p&p=WKSPB6053W&name=PB-6053W-Gaming-Series-AMD-8-Core-FX-8320-Eight-Co

Thanks alot

EDIT: My current Monitor is a LG Flatron E2241 monitor. Should I be looking for a new monitor as well or will this monitor be good enough for what I want to do?

EDIT 2: Changed some parts to my build. How does it look now? FYI I won't be overclocking at all and only looking to running the games I play and streaming at max settings 1080p smoothly. Also, how does this build compare to the 2 of PBTech's that I linked? Am I getting my moneys worth?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $284.95 @ Computer Lounge
Motherboard Asus Z87-C ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $176.00 @ Paradigm PCs
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $132.05 @ PC Force
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $213.75 @ PC Force
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $78.85 @ PC Force
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB DirectCU II Video Card $384.00 @ PC Force
Case NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case $179.95 @ Computer Lounge
Power Supply Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $129.99 @ Mighty Ape
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1579.54
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-31 20:56 NZST+1200

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > General Discussion" to "Systems > Part List Opinions Wanted".

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good, I would suggest changing your Mobo to a Gigabyte or Asus brand as they make more solid Mobos.

BTW one little trick, once your ready to link the build, up in the right hand corner is a Export/Markup button, copy the contents and past it, that way we can change it and give better service.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Intel Core i5-4570 w/ ASRock Z87 Extreme 4: Combination is slightly older design. Current equivalent processor would be Intel Core i5-4690, about $5.00 difference according to PCPartPicker. Current mobos use Z97 chipset.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Does anyone know anything about the monitor? Ive heard mixed reviews about it and idk if I should change it or not

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube