add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What should I add for a dual boot?

ronthar
  • 71 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ronthar/saved/894BD3

This is the firm build I am going with.

I just don't have any experience running a second OS and wanted to ask if I should get a second SSD and use one for my Mac OS and one for Windows or just partition the SSD already listed and use it strictly for both OS and the HDD for other files.

Or is there another method of managing this that I should be using?

Thanks! Cant wait to order the parts by the end of the week.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally I think one OS on ssd + hdd for storage works pretty well. Dual boot OS has its advantages but I found that when I did dual boot, I mainly only ended up using one OS.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

If your working in a budget it might be better to just go with one SSD for both boots. If you can afford another SSD or HDD then install your programs and such onto the second one and keep both boots on the first. Only if you are somehow planning to run both OSs at the SAME time will you want to install on separate drives.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube