add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
dinopjs
  • 71 months ago

Hi there everyone, currently my build is looking a bit like this - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/VGJhFT

I was wondering: 1: Is this a good build at all? 2: Is the power supply sufficient? (no overclocking or crossfire in future) 3: Is there any way anyone can think of to push that price down just a little bit to closer £400? I'm considering dropping to a 750 ti but I'm not sure that the price/performance drop is really worth it? Perhaps the power efficiency might help? 4: Do I need to buy fans etc. have I missed something?

Thanks for all your help, this community is fantastic.

Edit: pricing is sorted with a 270x for the money etc etc. The only thing I am now worried about is that 430w power supply. PCPartPicker claims an estimated wattage of 370w. Is this enough overhead?? Another thought, am I going to need a wifi adapter? -.- (sorry absolute noob here :( )

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

you should get extra fans if the case doesnt have three.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Dropping down to the 750 Ti would be your best move to lower price. The 750 Ti is an exceptional card, with great price/performance ratio.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Turns out it would drop the price about £20 for a performance difference of 10fps in bioshock infinite (Just using that as a benchmark) trying to decide whether it's worth it or not. Thanks for the input.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube