add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is this okay for a first time gaming PC?

Infermio
  • 70 months ago

So I've always wanted a gaming PC to build and to be able to handle some of the heavy games in the market such as battlefield 4 and minecraft with little to no lag. I also render a lot of videos and record for youtube which doesn't seem to be easy on my i3 laptop. So here is the list of parts that I am hoping to purchase to create the "beast". http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/dkHXJx I am kind of over budget by £30 but any opinions would be awesome. Also is an anti static wrist band necessary as every room in my house has a carpet floor except the bathroom but obviously i'm not going to build it in there. I do have a fairly large sized desk, so I could probably build it on that. Thanks in a advance.

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

Looks good,

Haha, I would only get one CPU cooler though; I would stick with the Cooler Master.

If you could afford a little more, I would jump on the 8 core version: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-fd8120frgubox

You might want to upgrade to an SSD in the future because that will help with recording. I've said it so many times on this forum; when recording the main thing that matters is the speed of your Drive.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I've always wondered why people get SSD's. I mean recording wise it would be a good place to store it but can you also install the OS on it?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep, Just make sure you get one that is more than 64 GB, because after its installed windows your barely going to have any space left. 120 or 240 are sweet spots for SSDs. Also, don't get Kingston SSDNow, they perform very bad.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube