add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Replacing church computer

MBD
  • 70 months ago

I'm considering this build for my computer at a church office. I do some video, audio, and photo editing, and I administrate several websites. And of course, Microsoft Office and web browsing.

I'm still trying to decide between Windows 8 and 7. I will need to continue to connect to an XP machine.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/MBD/saved/sncRsY

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

You might (might) be able to ditch the video card and bump your CPU to an Intel i5 with modest onboard graphics. If gaming is out of the picture, you really won't need too much. And the extra horsepower in the CPU will help with the video/audio/photo editing.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point
                     Basic components

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kQnYmG

For the following components choose whichever suits them best.

Power Supply

SeaSonic SS-300ES Bronze 40 5yr warranty

Rosewill CAPSTONE-450 Gold $60 7yr warranty

Rosewill Hive-550 Bronze $60 7yr warranty

SSD as second drive

Samsung 850PRO 120 $130 10 years

Sandisk Extreme Pro 240 $180 10 years

Sandisk Extreme II 120 $75 5 years

Intel 530 120 $75 5 years

Intel 530 240 $135 5years

Intel 730 240 $190 5 years (Only SSD here with power loss protection)

Processor

AMD just made an announcement for the FX 8300. If you can wait a month get that. Otherwise the CPU you selected is fine.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube