add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Feedback and advice on my first gaming PC build.

noxater
  • 70 months ago

Hello!I'm totally new to this so please if you could be as clear as possible when it comes to components because there is a good chance I will have no idea what you're talking about :D

I have decided to go ahead and assemble my first ever gaming PC. After researching parts and components I have decided to go with these:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/f8qTpg

From what I have gathered, these components are all compatible with each other, but I decided to get a second opinion from this wonderful community before I purchase any parts, (except for the case - that has already been bought) in case there are some parts I could change for increased performance etc.

I have an optical drive at home that I can use, so I didn't include it in the list.

The reason I went with a 850w Corsair PSU is because somewhere down the line I'd like to add another GTX780 in SLI.

Any advice and feedback is most welcome. Thank you in advance!

Nox

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

A few suggestions:

There is cheaper ram out there, look into finding a cheaper kit. Also since this is a gaming build, I'd stick with 8gb, as 16gb will not help you.

Switch the 780 for a 290, you get better performance and more ram for less money. Look into the powercolor pcs+, xfx double dissipation, and sapphire tri-x.

The PSU is pretty overpriced because it's platinum. Look into a cheaper full mod gold or silver instead as you'll save a good deal of money from the change. I think the EVGA Supernova G2 would be one decent option.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome, thanks for the advice! The reason I went with 16GB ram is because I do 3D modelling sometimes and it isn't significantly more expensive :)

I would definitely like to change the PSU because that's a bit expensive, so I will look into that, thanks!

But main question is: this should all work fine together? As in, all compatible and so on? :)

Thank you for a quick response!

Nox

[comment deleted]
  • 70 months ago
  • 1 point

It does say it in the title :P

[comment deleted]
  • 70 months ago
  • 1 point

no worries! thanks for the info :) do you know if all the other components should be working fine together? Like the mobo with gtx 780 and the processor and ram and so on? Cause I can decide on the parts, but don't want to buy anything that isn't going to work together 100% :)

thanks dude!

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry. Yes, this build will be mainly used for gaming and 3D modelling / rendering.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube