add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Sugarcone
  • 71 months ago

$4000 budget, single GPU

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sugarcone/saved/F8HRsY

Pretty much all the info is in the notes. It's mostly for gaming, but I also dabble a bit in 3D modelling as a hobby. It's been a while since I've built a machine from the ground up, so I wanna know if this all works well enough together.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

making a build that has not budget is hard for people to recommend because we all look at price vs performance.

If it was limitless go with a dual cpu mobo, 64gigs of ram, 6 monitors, 3 titans... see what I mean? You have to give us something to work off of.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I updated it, I do want to keep it reasonable or I already would have gone 4-SLI Titan Zs

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I think you could still stay under 4000 if you went with the more powerful 4930k and switched to quad channel memory. If you do you also might want to bump the wattage up slightly to 800-850 to stay on the safe side.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Mmmmh... I don't know if the two additional cores would do anything for me though. I don't do a whole lot of render or compression, so the whole six core thing isn't super appealing, especially since the 4790k has higher base core frequency than the 4930k has turbo frequency. I wouldn't want to step to quad channel memory for the same reason, I don't need LGA2011. I'm probably going to get a more capacious PSU at any rate. Thanks for the input tho

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Good point. I guess you don't HAVE to spend all $4000. If you really wanted something cool though, go with a custom liquid cooling loop.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube