add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First time build - Confused :(

dinopjs
  • 71 months ago

I'm not quite sure where to post this but I guess as a complete noob making their first build and questions regarding that here isn't a bad place to start. I'm aiming to build a pc for the primary use of gaming and general use.

My intending specs are AMD athlon ii x4 750k with a sapphire dual-x r9 270x and 8gb of ram.

My questions are as follows. If I use the spec 01 case from corsair which has two front, two top and 1 rear (120mm) fan mounts and I only have 3 fans, what is the optimal configuration of these fans? When routing power to said fans will there be a limitation with the motherboard - MSI A88XM-E35 or the MSI A88XM-E45? I have no idea what I'm doing! Also if I wanted wifi in this build is there any significant advantage of a pci-e wifi card over a usb wifi adapter?

Also I should note I'm using an Evga 500b power supply.

Thanks for any advice you can give, even if it just to tell me where to post these questions! Hoping to buy tomorrow.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

post in generall or fans.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

a pcie is basically just because you have a slot and want to use it instead of a usb. it depends on which one you want to use since some are better than others. i recommend putting the fans in hard drive like in the front chassis. the side panel of the case. and the top. maybe you should get more fans for 5 bucks

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point
  • General rule of thumb is to have equal number of intake and exhaust case fans. So if you have two intakes, ideally, you should have two exhaust.
  • Refer to the mobo manufacturer's website and download manual for details such as number of available fan headers.
  • Check to see what connectors are used by the fans in question. Depending on connector, number of fan headers on mobo may be irrelevant.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube