add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help please, not-too-experienced builder here!

Daisy22
  • 71 months ago

My question is, is there anything wrong with putting all these parts together??

Because I just finished building and when I connect power supply and monitor(through dmi) I hear no beep and no signal on monitor, yet all fans, led lights, graphics card fan.

How do I fix this? Is something wrong with my CPU?

Many thanks for any help received,

daisy

Ps

Here are my parts:

Motherboard - Gigabyte Ultra Durable GA-990FXA-UD3 CPU - AMD FD8350FRHKBOX FX-8350 FX-Series 8-core black edition CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Power supply - Corsair CX750 ATX POWER SUPPLY 750 watt Ram - AMD Radeon Memory 2 x 8GB Hard drive - Samsung SSD 840 Evo 250 GB Storage hard drive - WD Green 2TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, SATA 3, 64 MB Cache - WD20EZRX

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Theres nothing wrong with those parts, did you plug in all the cables to your mobo? The main reasons builds dont startup at first (for me anyway) is because I either connected some of the Headers/Leads incorrectly on the mobo OR I forget to blug in BOTH PSU cords to the Mobo, theres the big 24-Pin that powers most of the Mobo and a smaller (4-8pin depending) place where the PSU powers the CPU/Cooler alone.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes I have triple checked all plug in and even followed the checklist on another forum for this similar problem...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

If you assembled only the essentials and tested for POST with negative results, then one of the essentials is defective/damaged. Without spare parts to test compare/against, no way to narrow down the list any further.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube