add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need an upgrade in performance - Suggestions?

meechybruv
  • 71 months ago

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/meechybruv/saved/N2gQzy This is my current build, I need more power for gaming and such, was thinking about upgrading the CPU, MOBO, and put an SSD, but I'm not sure. I'm on the fence about buying a 780ti too.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Meech

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the purpose mainly going to be gaming and daily use? If so, then I would advise a i5-4670 or 4690. If you wish to stay with a i7, you should go with the 4770 or 4790. Also, rather than DDR3-2133, you can save money and get 1600mhz or 1866mhz.

For a solid SSD, you might want to look at Samsung's EVO line. They're a bit more expensive than others, but it's fast and a solid SSD.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

So, the gpu power is sufficient? Also, it's primarily for gaming, 3D modelling, and photoshop. I'm definitely fixated on a SSD but rifted between a gpu or cpu.

-- is the MOBO fine? or should I get another.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

For 3D Modeling and photoshop, getting a i7 would be more appropriate. I would advise a i7-4790, and a H97 motherboard because you won't be overclocking. A 290 will most likely have the power you're looking for. If you do have the budget though, a 780TI would be nice, or even a 290X.

Possible motherboard: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gah97gaming3

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm looking to upgrade gradually, so price is no obstacle :) And which should I buy first?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably the SSD or GPU because the CPU will need the Motherboard and vice versa. If you need more GPU power, I would go with the GPU because you won't have to worry about the 3770 being a bottleneck. If you are going to upgrade gradually, you might want to wait for Nvidia's next line of GPUs(Or AMD's). Though if you want faster boot times, I would go with the SSD.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube