add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
TGM
  • 71 months ago

this build it only 28$ more then what i have but its not going to be a prob. don't say a thing about the case i don't want some ugly square sitting on my desk for a few years. i plan to do a bit of overclocking not much but a bit also im not realy sure on the 80mm fan for the side vent i cant tell if they are 80mm or 120mm because the picture is a bit weird and other sites dont list?

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/TGM/saved/J3K2FT

did i do well?

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Why not an FM3+ APU? Just wondering.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Brain fart, there's no such socket, lol. Sorry, I meant FM2+.

• TGM
  • submitter
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

to get a apu 4 core with 3.4ghz it about 99$ there is turbo core but i currently have a apu only and the turbo core doesn't really work that well most times i have to force enable it because it doesn't know when to do so

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, make sure your APU and GPU are in good tandem when you configure the Crossfire.

• TGM
  • submitter
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

im not doing crossfire? im not going with a apu i said i have a apu laptop that im using right now but i am building a hole new pc

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry, I was thinking it was an APU.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

My budget is close to yours, without factoring in the cost of windows. I think you should drop the ram to 4 gb and invest that and a bit more into a better mobo/CPU like a fx-6300/Asus m5a97 r 2.0. Video card could also upgrade to a r9 270. My build is like that with a tb and 500 w supply and after rebates is sitting around 540. Windows would jack it up to 640. You can always add an a extra stick of ram if you start playing ram intensive games.

• TGM
  • submitter
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

im currently doing a revision of it planning on going with a 650 because i was able to find one with better clocks and memory for 30 buck cheaper and and a better mobo with cross fire so i have a bit more expansion in possible and the 8 gb is because i am planning on play star citizen not of max because that games ******* crazy but its min is 8gb to run yet the min gpu is only 9800 and up so ya

and 3.4 ghz is more then i will ever need also most games cant actually use more then 4 cores or most that i will be playing

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/dhogan34/saved/K9hmP6 Here's mine. So even swapping your case to mine and addin the windows/adapter/paste in, you're only looking at 60or so extra. Not telling you to scrap everything, and carbon copy this build but I think you can do a lot better by updating at least one of the mobo/gpu/CPU or all three if you can scrounge up a little bit extra money.

• TGM
  • submitter
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

accually i might go with you build with the few changes now that i look at it and i sort of want to try and use amazon as much as i can because i have prime and free shipping on everything is nice and 2 day

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea for sure man and if you overclocking the 270 it basically becomes a 270x for 30-40 cheaper.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

We'll sounds like you did your research man, just figured id throw some options out there, lol. Good luck!

• TGM
  • submitter
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

also i know its late and your prob not on but figured you would like to no the out come after alot of work i finally have figured what im going with i know you said a cpu and gpu upgrade would be better so i went with a 750 ti and a slightly better mobo it has a lot of ram upgrade ability but not much else no crossfire or sli but i will prob not have money for a sli for years

not sure if you can see but im calling it the red rider in honor of bikeman http://pcpartpicker.com/user/TGM/saved/yxhmP6

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube