add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First PC build, need opinions on build idea!

unkn0wnpr0
  • 71 months ago

Hi, everyone! Need you're opinions regarding my pc build idea. Basically looking to spend between £900-1400 max, on a gaming pc and to watch movies. Mainly PC will be used to watching films, internet browsing, etc., and finally will be used to play game such as GTA IV (high setting min) also GTA V when it comes out, also to play Euro Truck Simulator Games, Warcraft III, Need for Speed, Call of Duty (MW3, Ghost, Black ops), looking to play a minimum of medium settings, but preferably to play on High/Ultra Setting (I know I may be asking for too much but sorry)

Here bellow is my idea of pc I am thinking of building, looking at least for i7 processors,

Ram of at least 8 GB(min 1866mhz speed)

Choose the MSI motherboard because its fairly cheap and offers a lot of good features,

Will need an SSD for operating system and maybe for few games ( looking for fast booting and being able to load stuff faster as well), also looking for Internal hard drive Min 3TB preferably 4TB, again mainly used to storage of loads of movies (DVDrip, 1080p, 720p movies) and few games and programmes.

I choose the Asus GTX 670 Card due to it's good review (http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670_Direct_Cu_II/) but then again I might be wrong, that's only my opinion, although I was looking at GTX 780 card, due to good looking design, and that logo which glows green, which will look good with my case, and its offers plenty of memory, again will consider something else and willing to pay more for better performance.

I went with Inwin 904 case because when I first seen it, I just wanted it, although the main problem with them cases is Power Supply space, that the main area I need a few Ideas, again I went for Corsair 750w fully modular supply, but willing to go for something better if it fits in right there.

CD-DVD writter doesnt really matter, and will only be used to install drivers, etc, when building set up ( I know sounds silly when it can be done with USB etc.)

Finally need helps with fans for the case, as I want to keep it nice and cool as possible.

P.s no over clocking will be done (just a personal preference), also want pc to be upgradable for future.... oh and also no negative/funny comment regarding personal preferences as I want it to be build the way I would like it.

PC will be paired with this monitor: Samsung U28D590D (http://www.samsung.com/levant/consumer/computers-peripherals/monitors/led-monitor/LU28D590DS/ZN)

Thank you :) , will consider all ideas!!!!!!!!

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/76fddC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (£239.89 @ Ebuyer) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£51.03 @ Amazon UK) Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£82.64 @ Scan.co.uk) Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2666 Memory (£78.65 @ Overclockers.co.uk) Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£43.50 @ CCL Computers) Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£71.99 @ Aria PC) Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (£329.99 @ PC World Business) Case: Inwin 904 ATX Mid Tower Case (£157.99 @ CCL Computers) Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£83.99 @ Aria PC) Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer (£14.89 @ Amazon UK) Total: £1154.56

Sorry dont know (have to insert the part list correctly so just copied)

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

awww thanks nobody for helping.....I appreciated that alot!! you're awesome guys.....NOT!!!!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube