add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First build, (Gaming Desktop) $600 budget.

Brandino312
  • 70 months ago

First build and new to desktop gaming! I have fell in love with the idea of building a PC but I of course need help! Btw I plan on building in Octoberish if that matters, But just wanting to know any suggestions. I feel pretty secure about everything except the CPU and especially the GPU! Also do I need the 6th-core for like Rust, maybe bf4 if I can handle it in this budget? or would I get away with a cheaper quad-core? And I'm not exactly sure which operating system because I have read Windows 8 can have better fps than windows 7 on at least bf4! But ALL RECOMMENDATIONS would be much appreciated and please feel free to post any list or anything else you think I might need to know!

Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Brandino312/saved/GPyqqs

And once again, thanks for your opinion it is much appreciated!

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

no need to jump up to the 6350, just get the 6300 and save some money. that mobo is really bothering me as well. maybe someone else can confirm? It most likely won't be able to handle overclocking

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks just changed the cpu on my list. Didn't know there was a cheaper 6-core but what would you suggest on motherboard since I just got 20 or so bucks more from changing cpu. And is the GPU to much for the processor now?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

look at a gigabyte ga-970a-ud3sp, if you can afford the 30 dollars over right now, you can get a 10 dollar rebate in the mail, and it can handle your processor and overclock it well.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube