add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Please critique interesting parameters Mini-ITX Gaming and Photo Editing Rig

JP23
  • 70 months ago

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the taking the time to look at my build. This is an interesting one as I have several parameters to accomplish. Most interesting of all is the parts have to come from NCIX Canada (need to have a single supplier if possible for reimbursement purposes), secondly, I do not have much space and need to go with a Mini-ITX build (so only one graphics card, aiming to get the best possible). The case has to be at maximum 28 cm or 11" wide. I am looking to overclock the CPU to get as much as I can from the processor and welcome any cooling additions. Also, since this will be used for photo-editing (Adobe CC and Lightroom), I know I need to use at least 3 HDDs, 1 for the OS, 1 for the "scratch disk" and 1 for storage. If you think I should have 4 HDDs let me know.

Budget is $2000 CAD.

Thanks for your help guys. Below is a list of parts I have determined that might be suitable but let me know if any changes should be made.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/JP23/saved/GFWBD3

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I do believe Adobe can use CUDA, so you may want to go with a 770 or 780.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the heads-up. Only particular manufacturer I should look at?

Also, are the SSDs any good?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

the SSD's are like any other component; you get what you pay for. I have a samsung 250, and an adata 128, and they are both great. As far as a gpu, i would look at MSI, they seem to have the shortest cards, as well as the best coolers.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Great thanks for the advice, will definitely consider MSI.

What brand of mobos are usually good? ASRock?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I have had great experiences with asrock, asus, gigabyte, and msi.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome, will look into those.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube