add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Hulk1233
  • 70 months ago

Hey guys, i'm building my first gaming pc + peripherals. Please help me decide between these two setups.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Gr3fnQ

or

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dgRfnQ

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Classic argument, go with what fits your price range and meets your needs... Intel CPUs tend to generate less heat due to lower power consumption... so keep that in mind. If you go with the AMD get a good aftermarket cooler like an H100i or Hyper 212 Evo if you don't want liquid cooling.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

To the OP,

• I would go with the intel build. Upgrade to Xeon e3-1241 or 1246 (1246 has integrated graphics, 1241 does not). Much better performance figures from the Xeon. Xeon e3-1241 vs. AMD FX-8350 vs. i7-4770

• Ditch the Gigabyte GTX770 (unless you have to have it) and go for the cheaper EVGA GTX770

• Your PSU too expensive IMO, and you probably wont need 650W unless you plan on upgrading in the future. Choose the Corsair CX600M or the EVGA SuperNova 650

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally I find a 24 in to be the perfect size for a monitor any bigger and I can't see the whole screen without backing up. The AMD CPU outperforms the xeon E3 but an intel i5 4690 is cheaper then the xeon e3 and about 15 dollars more then the 8350 and generally outperforms the 8350. Now in terms of overclocking if that's what you plan on doing then the 8350 would be better suited for the build.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 70 months ago
  • 1 point

intel if your budget allows

• 70 months ago
  • 0 points

you can't compare these tow of course amd wins in this one its unfair to take an xeon. you got to get a i7 or i5 then you can compare them

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

Not so fast. If the OP were to spend the extra $40 (and maybe cut it somewhere else) and get a Xeon e3-1241, then it would be Xeon all the way. Just look here. Xeon e3-1241 vs. AMD FX-8350 vs. i7-4770

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

i kinda just don't get that benchmark

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

What dont you get, maybe I can help

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

how is that amd 8 core higher clock and turbo losing to the xeon

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Intels on average have a better single core performance.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

AMD considers their chip 8 core because it has 4 real cores and 2 "logical' cores per "real" core. Its a way of counting cores, 4 x 2 = 8. Intel has the same, but calls theirs a Quad core because they only count "real" cores. So, they basically have the same # of cores but AMD and Intel have different ways of counting them, or at least thats how I understand it.

The Xeon has a better score because it just runs better overall. Better technology, 2 years newer than the AMD translates to more advancements.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube