add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
skynet159632
  • 70 months ago

first time and I did a lot of research and decided on these parts there is anything that can be done better please let me know Part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/skynet159632/saved/fjfFf7

Case: corsair obsidian series 750D The moment I laid my eyes on this case I absolutely fell in love with it. It had a minimalist design, a huge window, and a very clean look. Cpu: Intel i7-4790k I wanted a good CPU that I don't need to change for a few years and play all the new games with it. And launch GIANT rockets in kerbal space programme Gpu: EVGA 780ti I want a graphics card that allow me to play all the games on at least high settings and 60fps. I also want to would it in the future so I don't have to buy a brand new newest card on the market. May not look like it but I'm still on a budget.

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

It would be better to go with the z97 chipset motherboard. The one you currently have is a z87. The z97 basically supports the newer Intel CPU's and will be a lot more reliable once you decide to upgrade your CPU once again. I chose the ASUS Maximus VII Hero. It has awesome OC ability and it's a great mobo for a gaming PC. It costs about $100 less.

I changed your SSD to a Samsung brand. I've never had a problem with Samsung, and they have a great customer support. The SSD also cost about $20 less.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $339.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $114.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $203.99 @ NCIX US
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory $279.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $80.99 @ NCIX US
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card $669.99 @ Amazon
Case Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case $149.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $299.99 @ NCIX US
Monitor BenQ RL2455HM 60Hz 24.0" Monitor $189.99 @ Amazon
Other Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 3.5 Grams with ArctiClean 60 ML Kit $10.97
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $2319.88
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-05 00:16 EDT-0400
  • 70 months ago
  • 1 point

And I take it that you chose a 1200W PSU because you plan to go SLI in the future? And I don't think the Thermal Compound is necessary since the CPU and the CPU Cooler already come with some applied.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

For the thermal compound I wanted it for further cooling of my CPU And later stages for my GPU corsair announced it's HG10 for which I'm very excited about and I'm gonna work for some time for upgrades and I'll need thermal compound when I replace the cooling units I generally do not like stock thermal compound Upgraded part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/skynet159632/saved/87rYcf If it is too cool I'll put it on permanent OC

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the suggestion I have taken the motherboard as you suggested But for the SSD I'm still going for the corsair one mainly because I trust corsair the most and feel more comfortable using it compared to other brands And it fits my colour scheme of red and black

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem. As long as you trust that brand it's fine.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube