add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best Motherboard brand for quality

Nitrouxia
  • 71 months ago

Looking specifically for a Z97 motherboard looking for no bias, who makes the best quality board? Asus or Gigabyte? Those are pretty much the only two companies I've been leaning towards... I've heard about some Asus z97 boards having non functional USB 3.0s? Anyways I'd like to know which is the best quality

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Foxconn :)

That's a joke because you will probably buy one without realizing it. They make m/bds for both GB and ASUS.

As for your Q: either is fine. Both do an excellent job with features, quality and layout and they both have good support. Look at what you need, the features you want and the look of the board and choose accordingly. There is no bad choice.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks everyone and thanks Dimwit I'm just really concerned about something going wrong and I think I'm leaning towards Gigabyte on this one due to looks... some of the higher end Asus are over the top IMO.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

gIGABYTE IS THE BEST

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

I wouldn't rule out Asrock either... I got the z87 killer and I really like it. No problems. I would assume the z97 has equal quality. I also made my brother a computer with a Asrock b85 and it had no problems. I was actually surprised by the quality of that one given the price.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I appreciate your input, but I'm going to go a little cheaper on some other parts just so that I can get a high end motherboard to ensure that I'm not likely to get a bad board.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

My brother's cheap b85 had good quality. My z87 is "semi high-end" in both price and performance. I was not necessarily suggesting the cheap board, I was just saying that the brand has impressed me in its performance compared to price. I have had no problems with either, however I got a gigabyte brand board for my mom and it had a broken ram slot. I had newegg replace it for free and the replacement works, however I personally will stay away from gigabyte from now on. I also have a 7 year old working asus laptop that I have been pretty tough on, so I think pretty highly of asus quality aswell. Good luck, however even the highest rated part will always have a few people saying theirs came broken.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I guess I just got to be lucky to get a non damaged part! Thanks for taking the time to help me out... And I heard AsRock was made by Asus? I've always been focused on getting an Asus but have heard something about the USB 3.0s being non functional? Idk though I'm really doubting certain companies now from just one or two people's opinion... Guess it's rare to get one with these problems. Maybe I should stick with Asus... My monitor is an Asus and I love it and has given me zero problems.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I know that Carey Holzman uses GB or ASUS exclusively and has said that he's never had a bad board. For someone that builds 100's of systems in a year that's pretty good. Tim of TimmyTechTV had a poor QC MSI board that he was doing an unboxing with. Not fatal, just annoying. So it does happen.

I know that when I bought my GB board the counterguy opened the box, checked the board and had me lower the socket cover after he'd checked the pins. Heads off stupidity right from the start. I will wager that the vast majority of "bad" boards is from sloppiness and mishandling.

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

...And I heard AsRock was made by Asus?

No.

[comment deleted]
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

why not msi? i recently just got http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z97g45gaming and its pretty damn good

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Get the new one Asus maximus VII formula http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-maximusviiformula

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Asus is known for making motherboards with amazing build quality and that pack a ton of unique features. I seriously recommend you check out the maximus vii formula. If its not in your price range try the hero 97 board which is great to

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube