add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Ever Build - Need Affirmation

grapes123
  • 70 months ago

Hi, This is my first time attempting to assemble a PC. I've got a tight budget of $700. Goals of this build: Play League of Legends and TF2 at max settings with very high FPS. Do school work and browse the web without stuttering. I've come up with this build and I can't seem to go any lower. Please take a look and offer any pointers or changes you see fit. Thanks so much for the help.

EDIT: The part I'm most concerned with is the motherboard. Is it possible to cheap out on the mobo or is that not a good idea?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor $109.98 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard $114.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $76.50 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $57.24 @ Amazon
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card $119.50 @ Newegg
Case Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case $39.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $29.99 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer $14.98 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) $15.00
Monitor Hannspree HE225DPB 21.5" Monitor $89.99 @ Newegg
Keyboard Rosewill RK-201 Wired Standard Keyboard $8.98 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $677.14
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-05 14:48 EDT-0400

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

This is perfect for what Your going to do. Great PC list.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. That's good to hear haha.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you think the PSU is too much?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

No its fine. The minimum recommended psu wattage you should have is 450W just in case you ever wanna add something extra but anything lower than what you have would be a bad quality psu that can damage your parts. Stick with the one you choose.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Any opinions on the mobo?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

It's the basic essentials for what you need so you don't get the extras you find on some motherboards.

It's great quality and will have great support from asus.

It's great for the price.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube