add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First pc build 1800ish budget

raiders360
  • 70 months ago

Hi I'm trying to build first PC but I'm not sure on some of the parts. I will be using it for gaming and trying to run games maxed out. I was wondering if the i7 was overkill for a gaming PC and I really need help with choosing a mother board. Thank you

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/raiders360/saved/74D7YJ

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

You should switch out the 4790k with a 4590k and use that saved money for a 120GB Samsung 840 Evo for a boot drive while still keeping your HDD for storage. Also, for a motherboard the Asus Z97-Pro is a solid choice that will allow you to upgrade to the Broadwell processors when they come out or if you even decide to do so.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube