add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need improvements on a build

sirlazuras
  • 70 months ago

This is my 1000 dollar budget build, but if there are cheaper options for some of my parts I'd gladly swap them out and pick up some new hard drives and monitors. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/sirlazuras/saved/Hbt9TW

I already have the RAM, the HDDs, an operating system, I dont plan on overclocking, and my room has its own AC unit so my computer can stay cool. I think I did pretty well but I dont know if there are places that I can save money in since I'm new to some of this. Thanks in advance!

edit: I should also add that this is a heavy gaming/software development build, and will eventually be a three monitor setup.

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

I advise you get a much better PSU. Raidmax PSUs are listed under Tier 5 (See here) and are not recommended for any situation.

Get this Tier 1 PSU instead: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20850xr

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow I didn't even know about this, thank you! I'll definitely refer to it for any of my other builds.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Thatat cpu cooler not that famous get the hyper 212 evo. that gpu is overpriced. you can crossfire. just saying. likkeg et a worse gpu. do you really need that expensive motherboard. that PSU is overkill. just saying.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd rather get a single powerful card than crossfire two cards because of possible heat and latency issues. I've also read that in that performance bracket the 290 is the best for the price. I'll look into other cards now though. I am going to switch out the PSU though for something more reliable

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

okay

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube