add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cheap 'games console' PC

ollie299792458
  • 70 months ago

Basically I have tried to come up with a very cheap PC that will be able to play games (not on high graphics settings), I would not like suggestions that involve increasing the budget by over £10, however if I am spending too much on one component and not enough on another please let me know. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/ollie299792458/saved/jP6p99 From what I understand the pentium is unlocked and that this specific motherboard supports overclocking, even though according to intels rules it should not.

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

You should look into getting an APU. I'll try to see if I can come up with something. Unless you're totally against AMD, in which case never mind.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not totally against AMD, however I read that this pentium processor closes the gap to almost nill in terms of cost/performance (somewhere on tomshardware)

[comment deleted]
  • 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I would buy a cooler at a later date, however from what I understand (from tomshardware) this board goes against intels recomendations and is overclockable.

[comment deleted]
  • 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, thanks, will probably end up buying another cooler

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

I know you say you want to play games, but which games as examples? We could suggest a build for you and it'd be unfortunate if you couldn't play a game you wanted to.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I have all sorts, 300 or so in my steam library, the most recent high end game I played was tomb raider, but I don't mind playing on low graphical settings.

EDIT: I also have lots of last gen high end games, BF3 etc. here is a link to my steam profile with all the games: http://steamcommunity.com/id/cheese299792458

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

That Pentium is unlocked and can clock up to 4.8 ghz. to make it safe. your gonna need a cooler to overclcok

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I will initially start without overclocking, and will buy a cooler at a later point

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

k

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube