add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First build and need help on getting it cheaper

fruito
  • 70 months ago

Hello, I have created a potential first build and am wondering if there is a way to get it cheaper but with similar performace. I want to play high end games.

Only thing is id like to keep the case.

pcpartpicker

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

What price would you like it to be down to? Also are you just going to be playing games on it or is it going to be used for other programs?

You might be able to get some cheaper memory for starters, and there is always a possibility of switching to AMD if you are looking for a budget build.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I changed some things around and got it down about $100. Let me know what you think about this build

pcpartpicker

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

if you're close to a microcenter, that cpu/mobo combo is really cheap there. the cpu goes down to 199.99 and the mobo ends up being like 85.99.

problem is they are few and far between. i save A LOT going there though.

that's about all i see that you can change. RAM might be possible?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Get an AMD FX 8350, GTX 770, and a Gigabyte GA 990 FXA UD3 motherboard. Should drop the price down for you

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube