add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Please criticize my newly made build!

Deano90
  • 70 months ago

Hello, This build is replacing my old hp computer and i plan to play all the newest games and i also multitask a lot. Will this build work with my requirements? Thanks! PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $239.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $29.99 @ Micro Center
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $144.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $83.98 @ OutletPC
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $84.99 @ NCIX US
Storage Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $88.97 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Superclocked ACX Video Card $319.99 @ Newegg
Case Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case $147.99 @ Micro Center
Power Supply Corsair Professional 850W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $149.99 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $16.98 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) $99.98 @ OutletPC
Wireless Network Adapter Netgear A6200-100NAS 802.11a/b/g/n/ac USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter $47.02 @ Amazon
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1429.86
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-09 16:10 EDT-0400

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Couple suggestions:

GPU: I'd consider switching to a 290 instead of a 770. It performs better at every resolution last I checked and gives you double the VRAM for just a bit more.

I'd switch the case to a 450D or another midtower to save a bit of money because fulltowers are really only worth having if you're doing a full custom loop or 3-4 GPUs in the system.

Would change the power supply to this instead. You get a full modular instead of semi mod and save around 40 bucks too.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the quick response! As to your comments I'll probably switch the gpu. Also, the only reason I went with the 750d was because I wanted the big window on the case. I'll probably switch the psu too. Thanks

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Take a look at the 450D, it's basically a slightly smaller 750D.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks solid to me. Nothing really wrong with any of your choices.

Personally I prefer AMD's 280 to the Nvidia, but that's no big deal. I would also double the size of your SSD with a Crucial 100 for another $25 or 30.

I would also go with a mid tower case for a build like this. I like Corsair. Probably something like the C70. I managed to fit 2 270X's in the last build I did with room to spare with the C70. But again, just personal preference.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I only wanted the OS to be installed on the Ssd so I got a small one. I will be switching the case too. Thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube