add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Please tell me is this build is good or bad!

llChamber
  • 70 months ago

Opinions? Graphic card: NvidiaGeForce GTX 780 Ti

Cpu: Intel Core i7-4790k

Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2x8GB DDR3 2400MHz PC3 19200

Optical Drive: Asus 24x DVD-RW Serial-ATA Internal OEM Optical Drive DRW-24B1ST

HDD: Western Digital 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive, Black, WD1003FZEX

Power Supply: Corsair CX750M

Case: Cooler Master HAF X - Full Tower

Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO DDR3 2800 LGA 1150 Motherboard

Cpu cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H105 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CW-9060016-WW

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

You should probably get a ssd too for the operating system, like 120gb. Other than that, all good.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

64gb Is okay?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

32 gb okay

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

overclock. yoyu don't need 2400 mHZ don't get a CX series please. you spen a lot of money already. cheaper water cooler?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you recommend me a water cooler and power supply?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

h10i would be fine but the cheapest water cooler available looks pretty good. also a power supply. corsair rm 850. EVGA 220-G2-0850-XR and a corsair ax series maybe, https://community.newegg.com/eggxpert/computer_hardware/f/135081/t/45344.aspx

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, it looks good. Whether it is overkill or not would probably be the question. What are you using it for?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I would agree with changing the psu too btw.

Edit: I would recommend the EVGA 750G2($99.99) or the Corsair RM750($89.99) over the CX or CS Series. I believe the EVGA is the better of these 2.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

For videos and gaming :)

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Video Editing or just watching? For gaming the i7 and the 16GB of ram will be overkill. For gaming a i5 4690K will be good, unless you just have extra room in your budget for the i7, in which case I say go for it. 8gb of ram is more than enough for gaming. If you're editing, the i7 and 16gb of ram will benefit you. If you're not dead set on a liquid cooler, I would say look at some of the high end air coolers like the Noctua u14s, and phanteks tc14pe (both of them usually stay in the $60-$75 range). They won't get quite as cool as a good watercooler but they'll be quieter and I can give you a 100% guarantee they will never spring a leak lol.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Is not better a liquid cooler than a Air cooler? And yeah is for Video editing an gaming :)

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Liquid will keep you cpu cooler. It's not always a huge difference though. Heres some benchmark links. It's up to you to decide if the price diffence is worth the temp difference and noise difference. There is also the risk of a leak, which don't get me wrong is very low with a quality cooler. My biggest issue with them is if an air cooler fails, it's probably just gonna need another fan. With a liquid cooler there are more parts that could fail. This is just my opinion.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPUCooling/772

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6916/cooler-master-seidon-240m-and-12-more-coolers-the-retest-and-megaroundup/6

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

So is better an air cooler?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

use up the rest of you case fan mounts if you plan running 2400mhz ram and is that a refrence 780ti then your deff gonna want to get fans to blow on that cpu cooler like the h 80 i would suffice for the processor if you wanna save some money heard bad things bout cx series their kind budget components and you really do get what you pay for few minor tweaks just for heat efficiency and longevity but your build looks good

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I was thinking on a new build How is this?

Case: Nzxt Phantom

Optical drive: Asus 24x DVD-RW DRW-24B1ST

HDD: Western Digital 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive, Black, WD1003FZEX

Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO

Cpu cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H105

Memory : Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz

Cpu: Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core

Power Supply: Corsair RM Series 850 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold

Graphic card : MSI Computer Corp. Video Graphics Card N770 TF 2GD5/OC

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

looks like a solid editing rig but the price budget could be maximized if you were going for straight gaming either way you have good parts in your build solid work

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

But my question is it will work?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

no it wont because you have a z87 mother board and the i7 4690k needs a z97 motherboard to run

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

if your using the 4670k then yes your all set

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube