add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

You guys are smarter than me!

NovaNobody
  • 70 months ago

Hey guys, I've been saving some cash for awhile now for a "gaming" PC and I just wanted to see what you guys thought of the parts and if you had any opinions on it. What I mean by gaming is I play SWTOR and I'd like to be able to run it on some of the higher settings (currently run on ultra low). I also would like to be able to run some programs like CAD and AutoDesk as I'll be heading off to college and I'll need those soon. Other than that I just want a PC that runs smoothly and isn't too loud.

[CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.39 @ NCIX US) ]

[CPU Cooler: Cooler Master RR-HT2-28PK-R1 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($16.99 @ Amazon) ]

[Motherboard: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($58.00 @ Newegg) ]

[Memory: A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.02 @ NCIX US) ]

[Storage: Plextor M5S Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg) ]

[Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($169.99 @ NCIX US) ]

[Case: Rosewill Galaxy-01-A ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Amazon) ]

[Power Supply: Fractal Design Integra R2 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)]

[Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)]

Total: $821.34

Thanks for any suggestions that you guys have.

Other questions- Do I need to buy any cables/cooling fans to make it work or will what I'm purchasing include them?

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

CPU- I would personally get the 4690K as it is newer, a little faster, and usually about the same price. If it is more expensive the 4670K will be fine.

Cooler- If you don't plan on overclocking much this one might be ok, If you want a decent OC I would probably step up to the CM 212 Evo.

MB- I would go ahead and get a Z97 as it is the newest chipset.

SSD- I know nothing about this SSD it may be perfectly fine, I usually reccomend Crucial(m500 or mx100) and PNY(xlr8) at this price.

GPU- The 660 is a decent card, but its getting kind of older. You can get this saphire 270X http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-100364l for a bit cheaper and its slightly better.

Case- Decent case for the price it comes with 3 fans according to their wesite(1 front intake, 1 rear exhaust, 1 top exhaust, all 120mm). If you want an extra 120 or 140 mm fan there is a mount on the side to blow cool air on the GPU.

PSU- Fractal Design isn't really known for their power supplies. I would be wary. I would get this one instead. Its on sale so you will have to act quickly. Same Price and its made by the best. Plus its 80+ Gold. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ssr650rm

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Just found this aswell. Cases are personal choices for the most part but this one http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-300r is another very nice option for the price. In my opinion it is a higher quality case. Also a limited offer so you would have to act fairly quick.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you so much!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube