add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help First pre build list

Chappyuk
  • 70 months ago

So I've always wanted to build a PC since my first experience using a PC back at school in the 90s ... Simply put I've decided to skip this gen (ps4-xboxone) and build a mini itx rig. This is my list so far from reading and reading for weeks. Currently I have purchased only the case and PSU as a bundle and also the ram. Tryingbto bring the cost down without losing performance so any recommendations on the motherboard side of the build would be good. I deffo want the 840evo ssd so ignore the Kingston 1. Thanks for looking and giving me the time you have for any help u give . http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/67nmmG

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Firstly why do you have 2 different ssd? Secondly you Really should just use the stock cooler first and check for the clearance before buying the after market cooler Thirdly for a such a small form factor you would want a better mother board to not compromise the ability to upgrade in the future I would recommend this if you have a few pounds to spare: maximus vi impact.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for helping yeah the ssd Kingston was mentvto be deleted lol . Okay yeah so water cooled not really logical then ? Was thinking noise that's all . thanks for the motherboard reccomendation too

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Water cooled is the most logical as water is the best at cooling. There's a reason people go and spend hundreds of dollars on custom water cooling loop. It is just that it is best to check if there is enough clearance in you case for the radiator and fan. You don't want to buy it then find out that it don't fit now do you? I actually recommend water cooling, it's just that I'm getting a full tower case that can support a push pull configuration with room to spare. Ok I looked up the case and sure you have enough space for the water cooler go nuts withit

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I think theres a big misunderstanding here, watercooling doesn't necessary apply to be quiet, there a alot of system that run louder than air cooling systems under full load. If that was your mainintention drop it, also since you want to build a pc for the first time you might want to go with aircooling, my personal recommendation is a noctua DH-15, easy, quiet and dont have to worry that much of killing your system when you making a small mistake.

Like skynet said, you probably want to spent more money on the motherboard, because that leaves you open to upgrade your pc easier, also since you spending money on a intel k version, which means can(better must!) be overclocked, you dont want to go with a cheap one, otherwise save your money there.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I just looked at a build by cooler master, you will not be able to fit a after market tower cooler on it as the psu sits directly on top of the motherboard. And if he don't install a HDD he can even do a push pull config to reduce noise For my build I'll have an upgrade a year after I build mine and I'll get 2 more radiators for my cards as the HG10 is released by corsair and still have space to spare since I'm not using the HDD cages for the 750D

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh yeah, didnt checked the case and assumed it was a mid tower one, my bad <.<

btw what are you going to use the pc for, what are you exspecting and whats your budget? cant continue further without the answer for those.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm going to use it for gaming mostly and School work. My current budget is $2600 however I'm going to upgrade in the future for 3 screens and 2 way sli to play everything on ultra. I Don't to do anymore major upgrades in the future after the first one. Just look at my saved part list if you want to check it out

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

So ive decided to up my budget and go for the maximus VI board just to future proof it slightly . keeping the cooler as it is and hope I don't **** it up too lol. All in all hoping this build does 1080p 40-50 fps gaming and also full 3d capable xbmc too

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube