add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First PC build for gaming.

DAMAGExCONTROLx
  • 70 months ago

I am currently in the market for a new gaming PC, thought it best to try my hand at making it myself!

Would like some feedback on my current speculated build. I am building it with the future in mind, hoping to only need to upgrade the memory and GPU as it begins to age, so thought best to invest in a decent (from what i gather) motherboard and processor.

I have never overclocked before but hoping to get into that a little down the line, more so when it begins to age. IF i need additional cooling, i can always add that when when i need it, but to prevent messing around wit the mobo i thought best to get a CPU cooler now.

That said, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $449.00 @ PC Force
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $62.69 @ Ascent Technology
Motherboard Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $247.24 @ PB Technologies
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $136.84 @ PB Technologies
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $209.00 @ PC Force
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $115.00 @ PC Force
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Superclocked ACX Video Card $499.00 @ PC Force
Case Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case $198.95 @ Computer Lounge
Power Supply Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $137.00 @ Paradigm PCs
Optical Drive LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer $40.24 @ PB Technologies
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) $149.00 @ PC Force
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $2243.96
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-11 16:32 NZST+1200
  • 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Baisc Things first:

1. What do you want to do with your PC? | 2.What are you exspecting to from your PC? | 3. Are you Videoediting / 3D / Benchmarking?
  • 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Primearilly gaming, also 3D modelling software would be the other biggy. Becides that just playing videos and music. I want to be able ti play many of the modern games out, and a few coming out shortly (farcry 4, gta4 on pc, etc) with maxed settings. No video editing or benchmarking, only 3D modelling.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

If you do 3D 16GB of RAM might be considerable, if you are more into 3D and cpu-intensive Tasks you might consider the Xeon CPU's, but since you want to do gaming, the i7-4790K should do a good Job with some OC.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube