add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

~$2000 Mostly Gaming Computer: Any opinions wanted!

GMANCLAN
  • 70 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hRqmNG I have a few questions. The biggest one on my mind is should I go with a 780ti or go for some crossfire 290x's in the future. Whatever you think the advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

the 780 ti is still better than the crossfire of 290x. Just get the one card and later sli the 780ti.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah that's what I have been thinking. However I also heard that sli 780ti's are a bit of an overkill but I am not sure if that is really true.

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

It depends, what resolution will you play at.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably just 1920 x 1080.

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

That's waaaaaay overkill. These cards are meant for higher resolutions. A single 780 non ti or r9 290 will close to max out all games, except for crysis that's another story.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

So with this monitor and a 780ti what resolution could I use on a game like battlefield on high settings?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Another thing that I was just thinking about. Does this case have good enough cooling to not have to buy some extra fans? There only a couple bucks each so it wouldn't matter that much.

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

You only need the included fans in that case, sometimes adding more fans on a case can choke the parts of air.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah that's what I heard. Thanks for the reply!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube