add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions on first gaming computer build

della4795
  • 70 months ago

So I'm looking to build a gaming computer. Here is the parts list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/della4795/saved/9kJgXL I need the gaming computer to be able to last for some time since I'm putting a considerable amount of money towards it. I would really like to know if this will work to play steam-based games without lag. I don't care as much about the graphics part of games so that doesn't have to be the best though it still needs to be OK. My budget can go up a bit but not very much. The highest I'm willing to go is around $1200. If there is anything you suggest changing or if their is a parts list for a similar amount that would create a better computer please let me know. Thanks.

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

If your only gaming you only need 8GB of RAM but you should get a higher wattage power supply. If your overclocking you should get a different CPU and motherboard.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point
  • StarTech Metal Oxide: Not necessary. The Hyper 212 Evo includes a small tube of thermal compound.
  • If intent on using 16GB of memory, alternatives with better specifications and lower cost available. e.g. G.SKILL F3-1600C9D-16GAR. Your Crucial is CAS11, the G.SKILL is CAS9.
  • Once peripherals, fans, capacitor aging... is factored in. That power supply would not be sufficient.
  • For power supply calculator, click HERE

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube