add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Castrandom
  • 70 months ago

Hey everyone, I'm trying to figure out a good build for occasional streaming on twitch and hardcore gaming, but I'd like some help / opinions. So far I've compiled a list of what seems pretty good, but I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to hardware.

List: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Castrandom/saved/3jGbt6 - Changed some things from suggestions and my own indecisiveness / cut down like $250

Any suggestions or concerns with this build?

I play some graphic intensive games like Tera: Rising, which run awful on my current setup. Currently running an Intel i5-2390T CPU @ 2.7GHz with an AMD Radeon HD 6450.

I'm also looking for suggestions on which keyboard and operating system i should use.

PS. anyone have experience ordering from newegg? I don't want to order my build and end up getting screwed over.

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey buddy,

I really like this build. The choices of parts you've made are pretty good not gonna lie, but the only thing I would change is the brand of your GPU. The EVGA cards may look cool, but usually the cooling is ehhh, I find it not so effective as the WINDFORCE series from Gigabyte. Not only that, the Gigabyte customer service is 1000 times better than EVGA, as I have found.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I appreciate the advice, checked it out and it seems to be a pretty great choice.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Windforce cards are much louder than the EVGA versions.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

But they are still very quiet, I have a friend running 2 WINDFORCE GTX 780's and it runs hardly without myself or him noticing the noise.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sbYXVn

A couple small suggestions. Added an aftermarket cooler, you'll need something besides the stock cooler if you plan to overclock. Changed to the Maximus IIV Hero, it has the z97 chipset which is the newest. If you are buying the cpu at Micro Center, look at their CPU\motherboard bundles. The IIV Hero isn't listed right now, but they will sometimes discount other motherboards aswell when you're buying both. I also swapped the power supply to the Other HX750. The older one that you selected is actually 80+silver. They fixed this. I personally own the hx750 and evga 770 sc acx 2gb. With the airflow you will get in the HAF 932, the acx cooler will not have a problem. Mine runs cool. The general conscensus is that EVGA makes the best NVIDIA cards. I haven't had any problems so I can't speak from experience about EVGA's customer service, but I've heard and read that they have great customer service.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh I forgot. I would check out the onboard sound before spending that much on a soundcard. If you're a soundcard kinda guy thats fine, but I personally have no use for them. Anyways, the onboard sound on the Hero should be pretty good, I would give it a shot before dropping the extra $180.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

The most I would overclock to would maybe be like 4.2ghz or 4.3ghz, don't have much experience with it, so don't want to get too far over my head with having to cool something crazy. and yeah, been thinking about ditching the soundcard.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah but if you OC at all, I would invest in a decent cooler the stock coolers aren't made to be used when overclocking. If you are only wanting to overclock to 4.2 or 3, the 4790K will do 4.4 with turbo boost. So there is no point really. You could just leave it at stock with the stock cooler and turbo boost enabled.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

About to put my order in, think everything is fine?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point
  • Corsair HX750: Better quality alternatives readily available and costs less, . e.g. Seasonic SS-760XP2, XFX P1-750B-BEFX, Seasonic SSR-750RM
  • If you have a preference for Corsair power supplies, the Corsair AX760, also manufactured by Seasonic, cost just $10.00 more than your HX.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube