add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Please help me to decide. My first build

Jkool
  • 70 months ago

Hello everyone,

I'm new when it comes to build your own pc. I'm looking to spend $650 tops for a mid to high gaming pc/and for school stuff. I have created a list of parts that I would like to use for my first pc, but I went over my budget a bit. Can you guys help me make a good decision? http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Jkool/saved/RvRYcf

Thank you!

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

You can save some money by changing the CPU that you chose because it is an APU because you already have a dedicated graphics card. Also, do you have another hard drive you plan to use or do you only plan to have that 64gb SSD? If you are just using this for gaming and school stuff, you can use lower speed memory to save money.(You don't need more than 1866mHz for gaming)

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I forgot to mention it, I already have a Hard drive. I want the ssd for the system only.

Thanks for the reply and advice

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

You'll only need a 2GB GPU for 1 monitor

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

...I already have a Hard drive. I want the ssd for the system only.

Drop the SSD then.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I would replace the 6800k with a FX 6300. The FX 6300 and R9 270x can run Battlefield 4 and many other games on High settings at a decent frame rate.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube