add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Do.You.Wanna.Build.a.Pc
  • 70 months ago

Any last minute changes? And don't bother buying the keyboard i got. After 2 days the left side of the space bar makes a squeaking noise every time i tap it. (Using my old hp computer)

Here is Build: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/fyGkHx

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks decent...no comments really.

About the only thing - do you read or burn a fair amount of CDs/DVDs? I use my DVD writer only 2-3 times a year and I'm thinking of doing away with it in future builds, opting instead for an external USB CD/DVD drive which I'll only use as I'll need it. It makes the build neater and frees up a SATA port.

External drives cost more than internal, but around here they're starting to approach the $30 mark, which won't break the bank.

I do a fair amount of experimentation with Linux and I always put the OSes on a USB stick. Maybe it's because I'm cheap and don't want to waste a DVD. :-)

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I put my windows 8 OS on a USB and all my drivers on a USB already. But Incase I get a new internet modem or the Network Driver I got is corrupt I'll need a disk to instll the driver, or for my modem, activate it thorough disk. And you're right.. They are getting cheaper.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube