add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How can I make this Power Supply not fry?

SirTrus
  • 68 months ago

Hello there, this is my first PC build, and I was wondering if this "risky" PSU alot of people is able to avoid it being fried or on fire? http://pcpartpicker.com/part/logisys-case-cs369bk

Comments

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

From the reviews of it, if you even get that thing in an operational state out of the box you should count yourself lucky. Past that, do not stress it out at all. I would not ask more than half of the rated amount out of that thing.

Basically, don't buy this case/PSU bro. Cut costs elsewhere if you need to.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

I already bought every last Saturday, and received everything just today.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

So, like I said, do not ask this PSU for more than half of what it's rated to give, and backup your data often.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, but the person who recommend to me was my brother's friend, he builds computers as a job, and he is 27 FYI. He uses the same CASE with PSU, and uses the GPU that I bought!

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

You asked our opinion, not his. FWIW, I'm 29?

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Here's a hint, if you are going to get a case with a built in psu make sure it's from a manufacturer known for making decent psu's such as corsair etc.

[comment deleted]
  • 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Or maybe you can help me?

[comment deleted]
  • 68 months ago
  • 1 point

I never Overlock, is that good for my PSU

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube