add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HELP! Opinions on first gaming PC build? $1300(ish) budget - The Spirit of the Red HORSE http://pcpartpicker.com/user/redhorsespirit/saved/j3RYcf

redhorsespirit
  • 70 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/redhorsespirit/saved/j3RYcf

I would like opinions on this specific PC build. This is my first PC I will attempt to build, so your opinions would be appreciated. My primary uses will be gaming and simple everyday use like the web, etc.

I am looking to stay right around $1300 WITH the display in the parts list included, so about $1000-1100 for just the pc parts.

Any items that should be replaced with others or that I should be wary of?

Thanks!

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Get a better power supply, Gold at least, but Platinum would be much better.

You don't need a full tower, a mid tower will do but that's up to you.

Get one 8GB RAM (Cheaper, same speed, won't use as many slots, less power consumption and less heat.

That monitor is kinda expensive, you might get a better quality one for the same price or same quality $10-$20 cheaper.

Other than that, good job.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for the info! good advice. appreciated.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube