add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help me Pick a Power Supply

Plutos
  • 68 months ago

My PC rig currently needs about 430 watts of power. Some people are telling me to get a huge power supply like 1200v or something but some people are telling me to get one exactly to 430 watts. But to make sure before I go out to purchase a psu I wanted to know my facts. What's the recommended wattage for my 430 watt rig and do I need a like platinum psu or will a bronze or gold one be enough. What do these rankings even mean. I know that it tells the efficiency of the psu but i'm not so clear about that. Thanks

Comments

• 68 months ago
  • -1 points

get 600 or 800 watts if you want to overclcok or upgrade in anyway. also if your psu is like titanium or something maybe you can do 430 watts. prbaby not suggested. also don't get cx series for not the best.

Corsair CS650M maybe or Corsair CS750M Corsair RM650 https://community.newegg.com/eggxpert/computer_hardware/f/135081/t/45344.aspx

read that if you have money i will bet on an AX series

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

There are more players in the game than just Corsair. Of equal quality.

• 68 months ago
  • 0 points

i know like evga and seasonic but i was just to lazy for that is not in my game

[comment deleted]
  • 68 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks, i was suggested by a friend to get the seasonic ssr-650rm or the bronze version, or the xfx 650w one. Are those good too? and is 650w a bit too much or is it fine.

[comment deleted]
  • 68 months ago
  • 1 point

so will my system be slower or will i just be wasting electricity

[comment deleted]
  • 68 months ago
  • 1 point

so i should be aiming for a 550 supply?

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

At the same time, the 650w will be more efficient at full load compared to the 550w. The difference between them is pretty negligible though. I'd personally get the 650w for future expandability, but the 550 is fine too.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube