add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Gaming Build (real price: 1555$)

Mazendia
  • 70 months ago

This is my first build, mostly for gaming (high/very high/ultra at 1080p). I chose the parts that are mostly the best but not very overpriced locally (if you suggest other parts for me, most likely they will not be available). The Case and PSU are in the custom parts because i didn't find them on pcpartpicker. Will I still be able to run the RAM at 1600MHz? (read compatibilty notes on build page) What are your opinions about this build? Is it good, very good, bad, very bad? Will I be able to game on very high without lag?

Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zBtQK8

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Anyone?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

The build is decent. If you are mostly gaming, I would highly advise a 4670 rather than a 4770, seeing as hyperthreading won't do much in gaming. Rather than buying two 1x4, you'll probably be able to save money by getting a 2x4 kit. I would suggest Corsair Vengence or G.skill Snipers(or Ripjaws). With the money save, you might be able to upgrade your GPU to a GTX 780.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the 4670 is not availble, all RAM (or most of it) is either 8x1, 4x1, or 8x2, and all of it is Kingston. And the 780 costs 700$. This is the store i will be buying from: http://www.pcandparts.com since it's the only good one locally. If you have anything to suggest, could you please check the website and tell me what are the better parts available?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Well i guess a 4770 would work too. Its just that if you can find a seller for a 4670, you'll save ~$80-$100. Don't get me wrong here, the build itself is fine and should be able to run most games on Ultra and High. The suggestions above were just to help you save some money. If you are worried about lag, I would advise you look at your Internet Connection rather than Hardware.(Assuming you are talking about online games). For offline gameplay, you should have a solid 60 FPS at 1080p.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very much, that's all i needed to know. And if I find a 4670 I will get it.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

CPU: Would recommend to get a i5-4690K or 4970K. If you are gaming only, theres no need to spend extra $60 for hyperthreading.

CPU Cooler: Would NEVER recommend to run on stockcooler, they are loud, inefficient and if you buying a Multiplier unlocked(aka K Version), then you better get a aftermarket Cooler. I personally recommend the Noctua DH-14 or DH-15, if you dont want to spent so much get a Cooler master 212 EVO.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, but i won't get a K version since i'm not planning to overclock. But is 3.4GHz fast enough? I never had a good pc.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

You are not buying a k, stock cooler will be fine. 3.4 ghz is plenty. But myself I will be overclocking a 4690k with a noctua nh-d15 because I want fast and quiet.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

But will the stock cooler keep it quiet? The only PC i had was an old ****** one that made a hell lot of noise. And is the 3.4 GHz really really fast? My laptop is about 2.3 GHz, will i see a big difference?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know about quiet because I have no experience with that cpu. The stock cooler will maintain safe temperature. I would expect a pretty good performance increase over your old cpu. 3.4 ghz will handle any of today's games.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Stock cooler is always something you can try before you decide to upgrade because it will come with your cpu whether you plan to use it or not. Since your talking about a locked cpu it makes more sense to try the stock cooler first because are going to own it anyway and you won't be able to overclock.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay thanks, and i heard i can turbo boost it up to 3.9GHz so i guess i'll get a better PSU and cooler if i want to do that, but for now i feel like 3.4 is enough.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

so couple of ways to save a few bucks.

already suggested by a few the i5 4670.

1600 cas 9 ram you selected are fine. higher bandwidth doesn't always mean better, if cas is higher.

i have a pny gtx 770 4gb OC. this is slightly less than the 290 in performance but the price difference is quite large. personally i don't think the 290 performance edge is worth the price difference. I've thrown farcry 3, titanfall, watch dogs, cod ghosts, cs, etc at this and everything defaults to the highest settings and plays perfect. Definitely recommend this if it's available.

out of curiosity, why are you shopping locally?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I'm shopping locally because most websites/parts do not ship to my country (Lebanon) and i found only one store that is the best and has almost everything (except a lot of things)which is http://www.pcandparts.com/ (which is also the cheapest store)

The i5-4670 is not available (neither in other stores), and the 770 4gb costs 565$ (stupid country).

And is there a big difference between cas 9 and 10 in RAM?

I was planning to get the MSI Z87-G43 Mobo but today it went out of stock, do you mind chosing one for me from the website i gave because i don't know which one to choose.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Your SOL unless you want to settle for the h61 board

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

What do you mean?... Anyway i've sent them an email to know when will the MSI Z87 boards be in stock.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

**** out of luck. If you wait I would say it would be worth it.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh. I will wait until i figure something out and get an MSI Z87 board

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Why a z87? With the newer Z97 on the market won't I be better to get the newer one? Like MSI Z97 Guard-Pro

IT'S BLUE :D

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

The only ones currently availble are the Z87 boards and they are out of stock, but new models hopefully including the Z97 will arrive in 9 days.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube