add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help narrowing down: 3 cases NZXT 240 vs Fractal R4 vs ThermalTake Urban R/T31 - or suggestion on a similar

0ldGoatG@mer

64 months ago

Hi All,

Looking to see if people have ideas for cases that would fit my build and if anyone have a particular choice over these 3:

Thermaltake Urban R/T31 I really like the aesthetics and the fact they have dust filters all over the place. This is probably my first choice i love the sleek design and the non weird shapes like my next choice.

NZXT 240 Right now @ tigerdirect is the for 59.99 free shipping and 20 rebate. Probably my second choice due to cost and fact based on reviews its a good case. I just am not a fan of the weird non sleek design ;P)

Fractal Design R4 The last is which definitely costs more but being quiet would be an added bonus. I also read some of the 240 Rads don't fit very well. I'm not a case modder so if it requires welding or something that is not going to happen.

Usage: Gaming + hope is to "mildly" over clock the CPU. I also would be using the Corsair Seidon 240m so the top 240 radiator support is a must have. Any one else have any other cases in in sub 100$ price range? (US money) - Prefer USB 3 in front / needs 240Rad support / prefer window and mid tower.

Link to my build hoped build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/0ldGoatG%40mer/saved/fj6qqs

Comments

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Get the Urban. I also prefer its aesthetics, and its top mount looks simpler and problem-free.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube