add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How many extra fans should I put?

Ugxleader

64 months ago

So just going to show you guys my build so you know the parts that are going into the case here its is http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cs3grH and for the case im using the Corsair 750D full tower case im just wondering what fans I should buy that make it more quiet...Also if you could link me to the fans that I would need, thanks.

Comments

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you know if it's going to be too loud?

Don't bother buying fans until you've built it, let it run for a couple weeks to work itself in, and have an idea of how loud it will actually be.

The only thing you might want to do is add another 140mm fan (that matches the ones it comes with) to the top mount so you can have two 140mm pulling in the front and the 140mm at the rear and top exhausting any hot air.

If you decide to upgrade, everyone is very hard on about Noctua fans. Not cheap, but they're likely your best bet.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

I like Noctua as well, but you either have ugly and reasonably priced fans or expensive nice looking fans. So I recommend Corsair fans.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok nice idea Ill let it run for a week and if its loud ill then buy fans, thanks.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube