add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case suggestions.

kriscamp

79 months ago

Well this is the build I think I'm going with for my first, http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kriscamp/saved/1Csg But I keep flopping back and forth with the case. I really want the Corsair Obsidian 800D, but it's just too expensive and I really don't want to spend over $1800 on my build. I do plan on adding a water cooled system in the future, and 2-way Crossfire soonish. Suggestions?

I also want to go all black as much as possible.

Comments

• 79 months ago
  • 2 points

The NZXT Switch 810 is a really nice case, and it's not terribly expensive. It has more than enough ample room for watercooling and very good cable management (due to its size, I'd suggest getting a 24-pin and 4/8-pin mobo and CPU power extender as my stock cables would barely reach, as well as some 3-pin extenders for your fans to make it to the 8x 3-pin splitter card that comes stock on the motherboard mounting plate).

Best of all it does have an all black color.

Update - http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-casw810b1

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey thanks, that case looks great. I'll definitely look into it.

• 79 months ago
  • 2 points

I can cite some of the specs of the top of my head:

1. Full Tower (Can handle everything from EATX down to mATX)
  2. Can hold 10 120mm fans (Or up to 8 (I think) 140mm fans, or mix the fan sizes up)
  3. Can remove the two 3.5in bays with ease (removes the two pivot fans as well, but opens a space up to place your custom reservoir and pump).
  4. Comes with a Male 4-pin Molex to 8-way 3-pin splitter on back of the mobo plate.
  5. Can accommodate any PSU.
  6. Great cable management (Might need extender cables for your 24-pin and 4/8-pin cables, as well as for your fans; massive case is massive).
  7. Did I forget to mention this thing is a monstrous, beautiful case?
  • 79 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a ton. Does the part list look good though? I second guess myself way, way too much.

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

The case comes with everything you need, even the mounting nuts and screws for the mobo, and some spare parts to boot. I also forgot to mention that the top and front panels come off very easily, making it a cinch to place fans on top and on front. Also there's two dust filters on the bottom that come out for easy cleaning.

If you're talking about a different part list, please specify.

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

I was talking about the same parts list.

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

The motherboard is overpriced. It's a great motherboard but you can save some money here and still have a high quality motherboard. Here is a great quality board that suites your budget better: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-p8z77v

Since this is a pure gaming build I would try to channel as much of my budget as I can into the GPU. The 7950 is a great card, I have one, but if you can find a way to fit a 7970 into your budget I would highly suggest you do. The 7970 is the best performing single GPU card short of a GTX Titan which costs more than twice as much.

As far as the blu ray drive is concerned, just be aware that you will also need to purchase software to play blu rays on your computer. The software isn't cheap either, usually around $70. If you are thinking you will just use freeware then just know that i have scoured the internet and read tons of forums and no such freeware seems to exist. If you do happen to find something please let me know.

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

I picked the motherboard on its performance and how it looks. Idk, I like the way it looks and I think it will definitely add to how everything will look inside my case. I appreciate the advice though. I'll definitely look into the mobo you suggested and look into a 7970 GPU.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube