add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Has anyone bought the industrial noctua f12 fans if so how loud are they?

Godloki

66 months ago

Thinking of getting the industrial f12 fans mainly because I hate the color of the consumer ones. Has anyone used these in a regular pc? If so how loud are they?

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

They are PWM fans, so max RPM is just a reflection of how high (and loud) you can go if you need to. Other than that, RPM range includes the max RPM of regular F12s, and people get great cooling out of those, so you shouldn't have to increase your speed past that and it should sound similar

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Thx for the response. Big fan of your Valk build. About how high can you turn your f12's up RPM wise before you can hear them and/or they get annoying?

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I try to keep them below 1200, but I find them tolerable at their max 1500. You start to hear a slight buzzing at around 1000. Kind of pleasant to my ears, like a higher pitched hum of an engine.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube