add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
TheWalkingGeek
  • 68 months ago

Hello everyone,

I just ordered the cheap EVGA 80+ Bronze 500w power supply, but I still have the ability to cancel it.

I remembered seeing somewhere that the EVGA was better than the Corsair CX430, but I just want to make sure of that.

Also, what tiers are these power supplies? I couldn't find the tiers list for some reason when I googled for it.

EDIT: Found the tier list, but the EVGA 500B wasn't listed.

Thanks!

Comments

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

It's a Tier 3.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Good to know. Thanks for the info!

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

The evga is a very solid and reliable unit.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Glad to know I didn't choose a terrible PSU!

Thanks so much!

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

It's more or less comparable to the CX430, I've used 2 of them with no issues.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok good.

Spec wise, with the exception of the wattage difference, they were almost identical, but on forums I read, there was a LOT of fanboying for one side or the other.

Thanks so much for the unbiased opinion!

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Both brands have tons of fans for a reason. The Evga units are usually very high quality for a good price and are backed by a great warranty. Then you have corsair which is a power supply super power, they are known for some of the best right up there with seasonic, it's just that the cx line from corsair is kinda the bad apple of the brand.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube