add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cheapest possible gaming computer!!!

krete11

64 months ago

I need to build a gaming PC for my brother. He's pretty much asking for me to make him the cheapest gains pc that can still run anything.

Budget: not so much stated, but to get it as cheap as possible.

Use: gaming

Operating System: windows

Peripherals: none

Thanks for the help in advanced.

Comments

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JX3n99 if you want dedicated gpu i can make a different one or if you want intel

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, that's deffinantly a good build! Thanks for the help!!

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey there. I tried to make this as cheap as possible without sacrificing too much.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor $59.00 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $34.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $86.87 @ Amazon
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $77.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $55.98 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card $124.99 @ Newegg
Case Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case $39.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Rosewill Hive 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $39.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) $84.98 @ OutletPC
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $584.78
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-22 16:54 EDT-0400

You'll want to overclock this system to get the most out of it; you should be able to get the Pentium up fairly high (around the 4.2-4.6GHz range with the Hyper 212 EVO), as well as the 750 ti. Also, if you have a disk drive in your build, help your brother out and install the OS via a flash drive. There are tutorials for overclocking and how to install the OS with a flash drive.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Hope this helped.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

If you go with this build get a better psu please. This one wouldnt last long and could fry parts.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

As far as I know, the Hive series is okay, but if he really wants to be safe then this might be something to look at.

I could be wrong about the Hive though, so have you read something about them?

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

No, no i just didnt feel like that was the best. I fell like you should never cheap out on a psu.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Neither do I, but the Hive series has decent reviews from what I've seen, and has more than enough power along with an 80+ bronze efficiency rating. Nothing special, but enough for a budget/entry build like this. The only way I see this unit burning out fast is if they set it on a carpet and starve it for air. Other than that, it should last until they need to upgrade again (2-3 years), considering that's the warranty they offer on it.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah i guess. Just never heard or seen anyone use one.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/djdirka/saved/xmKKHx

Dedicated gpu and still at $300

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube