add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is my mobo broken?

sanitd
  • 70 months ago

Hi.im troubleshooting to see what's wrong with my pc. My computer had problems with my ram. I was running 2x4 gbs. One of the modules were not working. Whenever I would start my pc it would tell me that one of my channels needed to be taken out and back in. I would try that but it would still not work. I bought new ram and replaced the one that wasn't working but the same thing happened. It didn't work... After more troubleshooting the pc turns on and off without displaying anything on the monitor. I tried switching out the psu and used another graphics card but I'm having the same results. Nothing. Did I damage my mobo in the process?

Any reply would be appreciated.

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Check compatibility with the RAM. I messed up on my first build and didn't do this and it turns out my motherboard doesn't support my 16gb of ram, only 8gb. Either stick works fine, just not together. Also, since you ruled out the PSU and GPU, I would go ahead and try to rule out the CPU. Your motherboard might be okay, unless you didn't plug cables all the way in (can happen), static discharge touched motherboard, ate the prongs off of your RAM, etc.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube