add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ASRock Fatal1ty H97 vs ASRock H97M Pro4

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, they have different amounts of slots because one is an ATX and one is a mATX...so they would size out different in a case.

ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Expansion Slots PCI Exp 3.0 x16 = 1 PCI Express x4 = 1 PCI Express x1 = 2 PCI Slots = 3

ASRock H97M Pro4 Expansion Slots PCI Exp 3.0 x16 = 1 PCI Express x4 = 1 PCI Slots = 2

The Realtech Audio on the Fatality is newer and has etter sub parts, while I can't can't objectively (or subjectively) tell you from experience how much better it probably is better.

The Fatality board has better power conditioning and safety on board and can handle more power running through it for an extreme overclock. If you are going to choose, go to the ASRock website you will get a much more detailed sales pitch on each from the company.

My thinking is is you running a normal i3, i5 or i7 I you cna go with teh cheaper board. If you are overclosing an i5 or an i7 and putting in all sort of 'premium parts' (like a high end GPU) into you build the foundation of the Fatality board would be an okay investment.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

This is the build Im thinking to use it in...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor $69.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $29.98 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock H97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $89.66 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $78.30 @ Newegg
Storage Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $74.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $57.23 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card $139.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $44.99 @ Micro Center
Case Fan Cooler Master R4-L2R-20AC-GP 69.0 CFM 120mm Fan $7.98 @ OutletPC
Case Fan Cooler Master R4-L2R-20AC-GP 69.0 CFM 120mm Fan $7.98 @ OutletPC
Other Antec GX500 $50.00
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $636.09
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-26 21:26 EDT-0400
  • 70 months ago
  • 1 point

This is a totally appropriate use of the H97 PRO4; a Pentium G and GTX 750ti is all in line and will work well. I see you have a nice blue theme going on there too.

You could use a semi modular PSU to make things neater for wire management. You have a case where you cna tuck a lot of wires, so its no an issue merely an option. The Corsair CS450M is an option at the same price. It is 50 watts less but it is a more efficient 80+ Gold so it would delivery about the same wattage. Or, the Corsair CX500M woudl be a good option too.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you I will take a look at those too. But some people tell me that the CPU should be changed for something else.. and I really want to start ordering by the end of the week so by that time I want to have everything to be set.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Here take a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVsK5glMABw&list=UU9Tn-atYOt8qZP-oqui7bhw

Not sure what people are telling you, but if you are going to buy a GTX 750ti you are just fine with a Pentium G3258 3.2GHz.

Also, for good measure here is a run down of GTX 750ti cards; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpVEA6zBrcc&list=TLjWwYZhnlMzLTiD7pVBqs39bd1EomgLnj

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

so by how much it will be upgrade to Q6600 cpu ? and ATI Radeon HD 4770

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube