add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair AF120 rear fan louder than the front fan.

TeodrosKing
  • 70 months ago

I got the Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition after adding a Noctua NF-F12 fan to my cpu cooler. After geetting it, even at 50 percent it was still loud, that's because the rear fan was super loud, while turning it down and letting the CPU fan and front fan flow it was super quiet. It's probably a motherboard problem seeing that in HWmonitor says my front fan works at 40 percent and my rear fan works at 100 percent. My motherboard is a FM2-A75-E35, I'm sort of a silence freak so I really want this thing sorted out.

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

So I am going to assume you question is "How do I slow the rear fan?". If so, unless the fan is a PWM changing the percentages will do nothing, the only way that I know how is to use a fan controller, which is a hardware way to change how many volts are being sent to the fan.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, any suggestions? Speed fan hasn't been working with me lately, it's telling me both my fans are running the same but both fans are are around 6500-6600 RPM which is over four times the max speed.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

the only way that I know how is to use a fan controller, which is a hardware way to change how many volts are being sent to the fan.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

The problem is, your rear fan is connected to a 3-pin connector, which means it will spin at 100% and cannot be software-controlled. As your motherboard has only one 4-pin connector reserved for case fan(s), you can buy a PWM Splitter so you can connect both front and rear fans to the same spot and control their speed via software or BIOS.

Check this out: http://www.amazon.com/PWM-Y-Splitter-Cable-Adapter/dp/B002OFP6QW

PS: I own the same motherboard, anyways :p

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube